Taken from the UK Tea Council
- An average cup of tea is virtually fat free. Drunk black, one cup is calorie free and even with semi-skimmed milk typically contains just 14 calories.
- Tea is second only to water as being the best drink to hydrate with. Drinking up to 6 cups of tea can contribute towards your daily water requirement on 1.5 – 3 litres per day.
- An average cup of tea contains only half the caffeine of an average cup of freshly brewed coffee.
- Various popular brands of tea contain fluoride – fluoride may be beneficial to your dental health.
Top tips for a perfect cuppa
- If you have hard water, it’s best to use a metal kettle rather than plastic, unless it has a limescale filter
- Use fresh water from the tap every time, as it contains more oxygen to bring out the full flavour
- Relax! Enjoy the tea sip by sip and cultivate what Japanese drinkers call ‘tea mind’ – a state of tranquility
Some of us also really love a nice cuppa of coffee so there are a few facts and info about this also in case you were wondering 🙂